Awning Window Services in Western Michigan
Looking for an awning window installation or replacement for your home in Western Michigan? You can count on us. Our experts will guide you in selecting the appropriate size and style that complements your home's current aesthetic.
- Replacement: If your awning windows are more than 20 years old, it might be time for a replacement. Contact us to choose from 20+ styles and color options.
- Installation: No new home is complete without awning windows. We’ll work with your existing contractors to install your windows quickly and efficiently.
Note: At this time, we do not offer window repair.
What Are Awning Windows?
Awning windows are hinged at the top and open outward from the bottom, creating an awning-like effect. They're typically operated with a crank or lever and are often installed high on walls to provide ventilation without compromising privacy.
Advantages of Awning Windows vs Other Windows
Awning windows are a popular window style that slides horizontally on a track, rather than opening vertically on hinges like traditional windows. They're a great space-saving option for areas with limited space and are easy to operate, making them a popular choice for individuals with limited mobility or strength.
Opens from the top hinges
Excellent - allows for partial opening and control over airflow
Good - tight seal when closed
Good - multi-point locking system
Easy - easy to clean and maintain
Popular Styles of Awning Windows in Michigan
- Single awning windows: This is the most basic style of awning window, featuring a single pane of glass that is hinged at the top and swings outward from the bottom. Single awning windows are often used in bathrooms, basements, and other areas where ventilation is important but privacy is a concern.
- Double awning windows: This style of awning window features two panes of glass that are hinged at the top and open outward from the bottom. Double awning windows provide increased ventilation and a wider viewing area than single awning windows.
- Push-out awning windows: This style of awning window features a simple latch mechanism that allows the window to be pushed open from the bottom. Push-out awning windows are popular in modern and contemporary homes for their sleek and minimalist look.
- Top-hinged awning windows: This style of awning window is hinged at the top and swings outward from the bottom. Top-hinged awning windows are often used in commercial buildings or high-rise apartments where ventilation is important but safety is a concern.
- Casement-style awning windows: This style of awning window combines the features of an awning window with those of a casement window, featuring a crank mechanism that allows the window to be opened outward from the side. Casement-style awning windows are popular for their versatility and ease of operation.
- Custom awning windows: Many window manufacturers offer custom awning windows that can be designed to fit a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles. Custom awning windows can be made from a range of materials, including wood, vinyl, and aluminum, and can be designed with different glass options to suit specific needs and preferences.
Awning Windows from the Industry’s Top Brands
We offer a wide range of styles and designs from both Pella and Marvin awning windows. Pella provides a choice of wood, fiberglass, and vinyl models, while Marvin offers aluminum and clad wood options.
How Much Do Awning Windows Cost?
The cost of a basic awning window runs between $840 – $1,800. The cost depends on the type, size and brand of window.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of awning windows?
Awning windows offer several benefits, including improved ventilation, energy efficiency, and weather resistance. They can be left open in light rain without letting water inside, and their design helps prevent air infiltration, reducing heating and cooling costs.
Where are awning windows typically used?
Awning windows are often used in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens where ventilation is important but privacy is a concern. They're also popular in modern homes and buildings as they offer a sleek and minimalist look.
Can awning windows be customized?
Yes, awning windows can be customized to fit a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be made from a range of materials such as wood, vinyl, or aluminum. They can also be designed with different glass options, including tempered or insulated glass, to suit specific needs and preferences.
Are awning windows secure?
Yes, awning windows can be made to be very secure. Many modern awning windows come with locking mechanisms that provide enhanced security, and they can also be equipped with toughened or laminated glass for added protection.
How long do awning windows typically last?
The lifespan of awning windows can vary depending on the materials used, the quality of construction, and how well they're maintained. Generally, high-quality awning windows can last 20 years or more with proper maintenance and care. It's important to regularly inspect and maintain your awning windows to ensure they remain in good condition and operate smoothly over time.