Specialty Window Services for Western Michigan
Need a specialty window replacement or installation for your Western Michigan home or business? We’ll help you pick out the right size and design to match your budget and home’s existing aesthetic.
- Replacement: When your specialty window gets old or stops working properly, it might be time for a replacement.
- Installation: Building a new house or commercial building? We’ll work with your other contractors to install your specialty windows correctly the first time.
Note: At this time, we do not offer window repair.
What are Specialty Windows?
Specialty windows are unique window designs that are customized to meet specific architectural requirements or personal preferences. These windows can be made in various shapes, sizes, and styles to fit any home or commercial building.
Popular Style of Specialty Windows in Michigan
- Arched windows: These windows feature an arch shape at the top, providing a unique, elegant look to any home.
- Bay windows: A bay window is a combination of three or more windows that project out from the wall, providing a panoramic view and additional living space.
- Picture windows: Picture windows are large, fixed windows that do not open. They are designed to provide a clear view of the outside and can be used to create a focal point in a room.
- Stained glass windows: Stained glass windows are made up of small pieces of colored glass held together by lead or other material. They can be designed in a variety of patterns and colors, adding a beautiful and unique touch to any home.
- Circular or round windows: These windows are often used as an accent window and provide a unique shape to a room.
- Tilt-turn windows: These windows have two operating functions - they can either open fully or tilt inwards for ventilation while still providing security and energy efficiency.
- Corner windows: These windows wrap around the corner of a building, providing a unique design element and offering a panoramic view.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some common shapes of specialty windows?
Specialty windows come in a wide variety of shapes, including round, oval, triangular, hexagonal, octagonal, and more. They can also be custom-made to fit any shape required.
What are the benefits of specialty windows?
Specialty windows offer a number of benefits, including increased natural light, improved ventilation, enhanced energy efficiency, and improved aesthetics. They can also add value to a home or commercial building and create a unique look that sets it apart from others in the area.
Can specialty windows be installed in historic homes or buildings?
Specialty windows can be installed in historic homes or buildings, but it is important to ensure that the windows meet the requirements of any historical preservation guidelines or regulations that may be in place. A professional window installer can help to ensure that the windows meet these requirements.
Can specialty windows be energy-efficient?
Yes, specialty windows can be energy-efficient. They can be designed with high-performance glass, such as low-E glass, that helps to reduce energy costs by improving the insulation of the building. Additionally, some specialty windows can be designed with operable sections that can be opened and closed to improve ventilation and reduce the need for air conditioning.
How do I maintain specialty windows?
Maintaining specialty windows is similar to maintaining standard windows. Regular cleaning with a soft cloth and mild detergent is recommended to keep the windows looking their best. It is also important to check the weather-stripping and caulking around the windows periodically to ensure that they are in good condition and providing proper insulation. A professional window installer can provide specific maintenance instructions based on the type of specialty windows installed.