Oriel Window Services for Western Michigan
Need an oriel window replacement or installation for your Western Michigan home or business? We’ll help you pick out the right size and design to match your budget and home’s existing aesthetic.
- Replacement: When your oriel window is old or stops working properly, it might be time for a replacement.
- Installation: Building a new house or commercial building? We’ll work with your other contractors to install your oriel windows correctly the first time.
Note: At this time, we do not offer window repair.
What is an Oriel Window?
An oriel window is a type of architectural feature that projects outward from the main walls of a building, typically on an upper floor. It’s often supported by brackets or corbels and features large windows that provide panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Popular Style of Oriel Windows in Michigan
- Bay windows: Bay windows are a popular style of oriel window that feature a central panel flanked by two angled panels that project outward from the main wall of the building. This style of window can provide a wider view of the surrounding area and add depth and interest to the building's facade.
- Bow windows: Bow windows are similar to bay windows but typically feature four or more panels that curve outward from the wall of the building. This style of window can provide a softer, more rounded look that complements traditional or Victorian-style architecture.
- Corner windows: Corner oriel windows are designed to fit into the corner of a building, providing panoramic views of two different sides. This style of window can be a great option for buildings with limited wall space or those with unique architectural features.
- Lantern windows: Lantern oriel windows are typically found on the roof of a building and feature a glazed structure that provides additional light and ventilation to the space below. This style of window is often found in historic buildings and can add a unique touch to modern architecture.
- Diamond-shaped windows: Diamond-shaped oriel windows are a unique style of window that can add a striking focal point to the building's facade. This style of window is often found in Gothic or Tudor-style architecture and can be made from a variety of materials, including stained glass.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of installing oriel windows?
Oriel windows can provide several benefits, including increased natural light, better ventilation, improved views, and added architectural interest. They can also add value to a property and enhance its overall aesthetic appeal.
What types of buildings are suitable for oriel windows?
Oriel windows can be installed in a wide range of buildings, including residential homes, commercial buildings, and historic structures. They are especially well-suited for buildings with limited space or those with architectural features that make traditional windows difficult to install.
Do oriel windows require special permits or approvals?
In some cases, oriel windows may require special permits or approvals from local zoning authorities or historic preservation organizations, especially if the building is located in a historic district or has other architectural restrictions. It's important to check with local authorities before installing oriel windows to ensure compliance with local regulations.
How do you maintain oriel windows?
Like any other type of window, oriel windows require regular maintenance to ensure their longevity and performance. This can include cleaning the glass and frames, checking for any signs of damage or wear, and addressing any issues promptly to prevent further damage or problems.
Can oriel windows be customized to fit specific design requirements?
Yes, oriel windows can be customized to fit a wide range of design requirements, including size, shape, color, and style. Customized windows can be designed to match the existing architecture of the building or to create a unique look that reflects your personal taste and style.